I Want to Be a Clone


I know this world is temporal, and some day we will enter into eternity, finally realizing the scope of the beauty, variety, love and peace that it entails. Still, I can’t stop thinking about how much more can be done here on earth before then.  We were all called to be His workmanship, to do good works in Christ, to spread the good news of Jesus Christ, to help the poor, to be creative, to laugh, to learn…. To deepen.  I am a "doer", and with that I so often wish that I could do and experience everything.  I have come to realize that most people end up doing nothing, paralyzed by either trying to do too much, or fearing that they have chosen poorly. 

Since taking some time to play golf last month, the world has opened up many new and expanded opportunities.  I figure I have 15 more productive years on the Hobbs meter before the Lord is done with me.  But what does He want that to look like, and am I willing to let Him shape that?  Pray for me as I and the family are preparing for some major changes. 


For those of you who support what we have been doing over the past 14 years in the UK, we are still here, working with various projects to finish well.  So what is on the plate you might ask for the fall

1.       Renovating an AOG church in Wrexham for a restart in January 2015

2.      Gambia – Helping a group from the Isle of Sky in Scotland build a containerized school in phases.  This will be a recreation of the 2013 YMP project and should be a school just over the size of Lehae by 2016 constructed in phases as funds become available

3.      Mombasa- I will be heading to Kenya with a group of 6 to build a 2 story dorm for young girls pulled from the sex trade.  Again this is a stretch to the use of containers.  But I am confident that the simple 2 story 8 container design will work well where the centre will be located.

4.      Johannesburg – we already  have over 50 teens signed up to participate on this trip.  The traditional YMP trip will see us build a community building in the Zandsprit informal settlement in April 2015.  If you would like to come along.. just let me know we are always looking for more help and more memories.

5.      Middle Park Camp – though I am no longer the point person on property, I still have a passion to make sure the camp is moving forward in creative new ways.  Pray for us as we transition into the facility being used by new and different groups here in the UK.

6.      I wrote a book – TADA -  Hard to believe with all the comments I received from my English in general correspondence.  But it has been done.  How to Build a Simple Three Bedroom Container House’ is on Amazon at the time of me writing this.  If you are curious at all how we started all these containerized structures pass it along as a stocking stuffer  

I wish I had more energy, the spring of a 16 years old and the wisdom (some think so) that I do now so I can make a difference for Him.  Please be in prayer as we work through this quiet season of life..

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take the long way home..........

There truly is no 'I' in Team.....

Happy new year…! (better late than never)