Trust


 
TRUST

This (Proverbs 3:5,6) was one of the first verses I committed to memory as a young Christian.  It summed up just about everything I believed in according to my new found faith …. The whole nature of becoming a bond servant of Christ and the need to jump spiritually and say "How High?" and "What direction God?" on the way up.  This may seem unorthodox to most in our intellectually conservative world, but it is what the nature of obedience to the Holy Spirit is all about.  And it is how I have chosen to live life.
So with this philosophy intact, I sit in a 1 bedroom flat 900m from the 2015 YMP project.  Listening through the night to the grumblings of a community faced with Xenophobic threats and uprisings that are growing due to outside sources…  At the same time I am trying to clean off my suit to meet with the Lesotho education minster about containerized schools while sitting in coveralls as I plan to try my had on some welding before I have to leave at noon.  It seems so scrambled, but it also seems the right thing to do.  Such is a life of faith…
 Please Visit my Photo Gallery for more pics and info!
THE PAST 2 WEEKS
We have just completed two weeks of an intense mission project and have completed most of 3 structures; a community kitchen that will double the capacity to feed over twice the already 150 children from the informal settlement a day, a community/office structure with 7 offices and a board room for the support of the Kya Sands residence via Judah Africa Ministries, and the first phase of a containerized ACE school.  This has all been done by a small team of just 30 teenagers from the UK and Canada and a great deal more locals this year.  

We had the ability to do so much as we were reclaiming containers from a previous project that failed to materialize correctly.  Therefore instead of losing the assets we simply picked them up and moved them into a place of practical need.  I love containers for building for so many reasons, but this may be the highlight of my work so far as it has shown even more versatility and cost savings.  Add to this equation a sympathetic crane company, familiar with our work via you tube providing free movement of all 10 units, a free road grader…. again, and the sovereignty of God  drips from this adventure.  In real costs these interventions saved the project close to $10,000.00 in transport fees and ground work.  We transferred these savings into the purchase of additional materials for the local work.  I am just amazed what can happen if a local community comes along together, providing their specific talents or gifts.
Due to the expanded scope of this years project all 3 buildings are not ‘complete’ yet. As always time was our enemy.   But the structures are only waiting for IBR roofing which is on site just needing to be installed by members of the church with a little assistance will have it done in no time. This work left to be done is intentional as it  will bring much needed local ownership and pride, while I can sleep well knowing that the ground work has been done to ensure quality. I will sleep even better seeing local Christians and community leaders investing in their own future. 
YOUR PRAYERS ARE NEEDED AS WORK EXPANDS
The site as of May 3rd 2015
As many of you know I am on an extended 3 month trip here in Africa with more of my time spent in a suit than in a ditch, I would covet your prayers as we seek to see what the Lord wants for our next season of life.  I have had 9 requests for community centres this week alone based on the container model.  I am still trying to get the housing program accepted by the ANC and my heart is still in Wales as we work to run the Middle Park camp this summer without our friends from Young Life Scotland and Ireland.
2015 is a pivotal year for the Hebner household.  We appreciate those of you that stand with us at this time financially and in prayer.
In Him,
Bill
 
 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Take the long way home..........

There truly is no 'I' in Team.....

Happy new year…! (better late than never)